Thursday, March 17, 2011

Two thoughts.

Lately I've been thinking about a few things. The first thing that's been on my mind is the fact that my grandma was the one who invested her time in me and took me to church. She is the one who introduced me to Jesus and took time to make sure that I knew that He loved me and died for me. I wonder if she wouldn't have taken the time to invest in me the love of Jesus would I have eventually picked up a Bible or walked into a church building? Would someone else come along and teach me about Jesus and grace, and if so who? I would love to think that at some point without the guidance that I would have chosen Jesus on my own. I would have chosen at some point in my life to pick up a Bible and read about his grace and goodness, but how can I be for sure. I'm extremely thankful for my grandma and those who helped her instill in me that Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life. I hope to instill that into my kids. I hope one day they can say that mommy and daddy introduced them to Jesus at an early age and I want them to be forever thankful. 


The second thing I've been thinking about is God's calling on one's life. Looking back in the Bible, God has called a lot of people out of their comfort zones and into a world that was uncertain. They chose to obey and listen. If they wouldn't have followed God, then who would? When I think about God's calling I've always thought that it should be a "radical" movement or change. That one should leave everything they know and go to an uncertain place or do something they normally wouldn't do. A few weeks ago I was reminded that God simply calls us to save a dying world. For some, it may be dramatic. Some may be asked to leave their comfort zones, but for some it's simply starting where they are. Saving their families, their neighborhoods, their cities, and states. It's simply taking the chance at every given moment to tell someone about the grace of God. To save a dying, dark world.


And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, and are called according to his purpose. Romans 8:28.

No comments:

Post a Comment