Friday, March 14, 2014

Time to get Fit.

When I got pregnant with my first child I was 95 pounds. I was way too small. My doctor wasn't even sure if I would carry her full-term. or if I'd be able to have a vaginal delivery. Well, I did both and out came a very healthy 6 lb 14 oz princess. But during those 9 months I gained 65 pounds. Y'all I looked like an oompa loompa, no lie. (I'm only 5'1") I lost down to 130 after having her. 

A year later, I got pregnant again and gained 30 more pounds and once my prince came weighing 7lbs 3oz, I lost back down to 135. My kids are now 8 and 6 and I'm stuck at that weight. 

I'm  not happy with myself, and I haven't been for a while. I'd  rather sit on the couch than go outside. I love to shop, but the agony of trying on clothes is too much. I don't feel comfortable in anything. If it was up to me I'd wear pj pants and t-shirts 24/7, but I know that isn't an option. 

Well, this week I've decided it's time for a change. I'm going to lose the weight I want to lose. I want to be healthy. So I've begin to take steps to accomplish that. 

1. I got the MyFitness Pal App
I'm not much of a eater. I do fine eating one meal a day (dinner), but I know that's not healthy. So, this week I've made a conscious decision to eat 3 meals a day and a snack. It recommends my calorie intake to be 1200 a day for my hieght and weight. I've come in just under every day, and in a few months I should be at my goal. I've also attempted to exercise for at least 30 minutes 4 days a week to get started. 
2. I ordered proper running shoes
I love to run, but I haven't had proper running shoes in a loooog time. (and I've been too lazy to run) I love Brooks, but I'm cheap and I hate paying full price! I got these $90 (Brooks pure connect 2) shoes for $40 so I was happy! ;) They also recommend replacing running shoes every 300 miles or so, which is not a lot, so again I refuse to pay full price! 
PureConnect 2

3. Set a GOAL: Do the Color Run Next year.
My ultimate goal in all this is to be able to do the color run with a friend next year. (She is on her weight loss journey as well) It looks soooo  much fun, but I know I can't run it and walking it doesn't seem like it would be as much fun, so here's to staying on track and kicking that 5k in the tail in 2015! (Or later this year if it comes back to town) 

Any of you have any suggestions to help a girl out on her weight loss journey? 

No comments:

Post a Comment