Tuesday, March 18, 2014

WHEW!

WHAT A DAY! ... 

Both of my kids have Spring pictures at school this week. So, I decided to take them to Target to find them something cute to wear. They have to wear uniforms at their schools, so any opportunity for them to dress cute I TAKE IT! ;) 

After the princess tried on ten different dresses and a few skirts, we finally found our match. She got two cute skirts with shirts to match. 

My prince, we found his on the first go 'round! Boys are much easier! 

Then ...

It went ... 

DOWN HILL ... 

I told the kids I would look at some spring shoes for them while there. We couldn't find any in the size for the prince, which is nothing unusual for our Target. They NEVER have his size. 

Then on to the princess. She wanted high heels. (I'm telling y'all she is a princess for sure) I kept telling her "NO" because they didn't have any cute ones, and they didn't even have her size in the ugly ones. BUMMER. Instead I kept pointing out cute sandles, but she didn't want any, so I told her we were leaving and she could wear her hot pink ones that we just bought at Children's Place last weekend (for a stinkin' $25 ... I WILL NEVER do that again), besides they would be super cute with BOTH outfits! 

Then ... The "teenager" in her came out. 

She stomped her feet. 

She raised her voice. 

I was mad. 

I immediately told her to stop, and told her how extremely disrespectful she was at the very moment, and how rude it was for her to raise her voice at me. She followed me around crying the rest of our visit. 

I was caught completely off guard. She has NEVER thrown a tantrum, and she has NEVER raised her voice like she did. 

I don't know if I even responded properly. Two hours later, and I'm stilled shocked about it.

Did I mention, she's only EIGHT. 

Lord, help me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment