Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Lent.

Today many people are giving up something in observation of Lent. I'm not. I believe Jesus did that when He died on the Cross for sinners like Me. 

However, I am turning toward an attitude of prayer for this Lenten season. I'm taking on a challenge to be #heartsick for my community, for my world. It's dying. The devil is moving in like a thief in the night, but I believe through prayer our God WILL overcome. (Besides Revelation tells us, He has already won.) 

So, as I wait in the carpool line for twenty minutes each afternoon, I will be praying for the teachers and administration that lead my children. That they will lead with the love of Christ. I pray that they will consider that to some kids they may be the only Jesus they see, and that they will be His hands and feet every chance they get. 

As I walk around my neighborhood at 6AM every morning, I'll be praying for every single house that I pass. I'll be praying that their homes are built on the foundation of Jesus. I'll be praying that husband lead their family towards Godliness. I'll be praying that the single mom finds peace and joy in the mundane task of motherhood and providing for her family. I'll be praying that all the little old retired women would stop obsessing over their property value and the fact that the family struggling next to them can't afford to have a beautifully landscaped yard. I'll be praying for the sweet lady next door whose health isn't doing the best. 

I'll go to City Hall and pray for my leaders. I'll pray that the Holy Spirit would lead them in ways that they should lead our community, that they will lead with integrity and conviction. I'll pray that if anything is of God that He won't allow it to take place. 

Prayer is intimate. I pray that I'll experience intimacy with Christ like never before. I pray that he BREAKS me, MOLDS me, and FILLS me like no other.  

2 comments:

  1. Wow! I'm sure your prayers will be used in amazing ways during this season! Prayer is such a powerful thing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Susannah! It has been a BLESSING so far! I've PRAYED with neighbors I've never spoken to!!! God is GOOOOD!!! ;) Have a great weekend!!! ;)

      Delete