Thursday, February 27, 2014

Meditate.

One day this week I ran across a quote, and I'm sorry if it's your quote and I'm not giving credit. I don't remember who said it, or where I saw it, but it has been resounding with me every since. It was something like:

You can read the Bible, but unless you meditate on it, it's void.
Bim. Bam. Thank you, ma'am.

I've felt convicted over the past few days because there have been a lot of times when I just read over the Word, but didn't meditate on it. I didn't take time to ask God to speak to me, and I didn't take time to listen if He did speak. 

Joshua 1:8 says Keep this Book of the Law always on your lips; meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful. 

I want the Word of the Lord to reveal itself to me like never before. I want everyone around me to know that my love for the Lord is greater than the love I have for my husband and my children. I want them to know that He is my number One. My intimate One. My everything. But I know that the only way this is going to happen is if I stop merely reading the Word and instead meditate on it. I want it written on my heart. 

I praise God for his grace that is new everyday! I praise God that though I've failed thousands of times, he loves me still the same: 

"Because of the sacrifice of the Messiah, his blood poured out on the alter of the Cross, we're a free people - free of penalties and punishments chalked up by all our misdeeds. And not just barely free, either. Abundantly free! He thought of everything, provided for everything we could possibly need, letting us in on the plans he took such delight in making." Ephesians 1: 7-9 The Message

No comments:

Post a Comment