Thursday, January 2, 2014

Today I delete Facebook.

Today is the day I delete Facebook. This is a BIG deal. I'm a Facebook junkie. (sigh) I spend entirely too much time on it, and my husband has been trying to get me to notice for awhile now, but I didn't want to. I didn't think it was an issue, but let me be honest, it was. 

I'm the mom who would get frustrated with her kids because they needed a drink while I browsed my News Feed. 

I'm the wife who looked at other wives who were showering and loving their husbands, but neglecting the fact that my own husband two feet away needed a simple hug and truth spoken to him. 

I'm the granddaughter who would sit hours with my grandma, barely talking, but instead engaging on my tablet/phone and every once in a while truthfully acknowledging what she would say. 

I'm the daughter who lost a mom and looked to social media for condolences. 

I'm the friend who gets jealous when another "friend" doesn't comment on my post, but will comment on all of her other friends post. I had like 500 friends on Facebook, and yes, I know all of them, but I'm a really friends with them ... No. 

I'm the Christian who would attempt to read my Bible, yet 5 minutes later I would shut it and look to Facebook for community and spiritual growth. I even joined devotional groups and accountability groups. 

I can go on and on about my bad habits. 

Truth is I want to turn that time that I was wasting into time that I'm engaged with my husband and my children. I don't want my husband to feel neglected because of social media. I don't want my kids to remember me as a mom who is constantly staring at a screen instead of properly responding and meeting their needs. I want my quiet time to just be me and God and Him speaking to me. 

So, I'm going to be recording my journey here so I can see how different my life is. I know it's going to be great. I know God is going to bless me and show his favor upon me. I know my marriage is going to be stronger than ever, and I know my kids are going to feel honored and loved even more. I'm actually (kinda) excited for this journey. It's a long awaited one. 

No comments:

Post a Comment